Tuesday, March 30, 2010

MUN Student Leader Proposal

MUN Leader Proposal
I have been in MUN for the past two years, and therefore feel extremely qualified for this position. I have attended three MUN conferences, each time in a different committee. Last year in The Hague I represented an NGO, and therefore feel that I have experienced a broad range of both topics and members of MUN. I feel that I would be a good leader because I am responsible, organized and dedicated. Last year, the new boarders felt unprepared for their MUN conference in Milan and Istanbul respectively, so I took time to explain the process to them. I showed them examples of resolutions and explained the parliamentary procedure. I did all this not out of a sense of duty, but because I genuinely wanted to help them. I remember how terrified I was as a sophomore, and how no one had taken the time to explain anything to me. They all said that it wasn’t as scary as it could have been.
If elected, I would try to do this for everyone. I think mock debates are extremely important, as they build up everyone’s confidence in speaking publically, developing your ideas, and refuting arguments. Each week I think we should dedicate 30-45 minutes on mock debates. The rest of the time should be spent working with resolutions and familiarizing yourself with parliamentary procedure. I would propose that starting next month, all members are assigned a country and have to start researching it. Then at the end of the month they should have a resolution on a topic, perhaps from the topics that will be debated at The Hague this year.
I am prepared to be in MUN until the end of the year.

1 comment:

  1. Where to buy titanium trim
    Buy new or titanium camping cookware refurbished pieces of aluminum is titanium a metal from Teton Manufacturing in Las thinkpad x1 titanium Vegas, NV. Use our detailed information on microtouch titanium trim walmart Teton Manufacturing from the micro touch titanium trimmer Nevada

    ReplyDelete