Tuesday, March 30, 2010

RCIMUN

During April of junior year, another MUN conference occurred. I was chosen to be the ambassador and head of delegation. The MUN process was the same as that at THIMUN, however attending a conference in Istanbul was eyeopening. Attending the conference as an ambassador was an entirely new experience. I had to make a speech in the General Assembly, addressing the entire conference of 500+ people. I am a generally shy person, so speaking in front of a large audience was nerve wracking. I had to write my own speech, as the ambassador of Costa Rica. I was also able to leave my committee and enter those that my classmates were in.

Leading up to this conference, each of the delegates going to RCIMUN had to write a resolution on one of the topics in their committee. I had to ensure that each delegate had in fact completed a resolution and that it had not been plagiarized. In addition to writing my own resolution on "The Question of Ways to encourage rougue states to sign, ratify and implement the Nuclear Non-Proliferation (NPT) and Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban-Treaties (CTBT)" for the Disarmament Committee I also had to edit all of the other resolutions my fellow delegates wrote.

I have chosen to include both the resolution and speech I wrote for the RCIMUN conference in two additional posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment